Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pulled Pork via Crock Pot

With this recipe I need to give a great big thank you to my friend Big Mike for providing the baby back ribs that I slow cooked in the crock pot to further soften the meat. This recipe will go great on any style of bread, open, closed or toasted, as well as over rice or egg noodles if you don't have any bread available. On the day I pulled this one from my head, I used it to cover a bed of white rice.

Ingredients:


1 slab slow smoked baby back ribs
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 cup spicy BBQ sauce (see previous recipe)

Method:


Place rib sections in bottom of 5 qt. crock pot. Add onions, then BBQ sauce. Turn on crock pot to low heat, and cover for 6-7 hours. Bones will be easily removed at this stage.  Use two forks to 'pull' meat apart from itself.

The slab that Big Mike gave me yielded about 1 1/2 lbs of meat, with each serving being around 3-4 ounces, this will make about 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment