Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Brisket Tacos

Brisket Tacos:

So I had my sister-in-law ask me, in that classic '80's commercial flashback, "where's the beef?" Sirloin steak, or something…please.
So I have a couple of recipes coming over the next couple of days which use beef, yes, just for you Cristina. I hope you enjoy as much as we did.
Now I don't eat much beef, for health reasons of my own, so I want you to know this was a real sacrifice on my part, slurp..oh, uhm..to create and test these recipes, mmm…, before I post them.  
Also, the main reason I am not posting one recipe per day, is so that everyone can see the picture of what the latest recipe posted looks like. Until I can get my photo-bucket account to link properly to this blog, or get my official website up and running, this will have to suffice. and without further ado, I present brisket tacos:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs. cooked, chopped brisket meat( you can substitute any left over beef, or pork or chicken here.)
8 white corn tortillas
2 cups lettuce of choice, shredded
1 cup cheese of choice, shredded
1 Tbsp dark chili powder (get it in the hispanic section of your market)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 Tbsps unsalted butter
Plenty of your favorite Salsa
dash of Cumin (cumin is so powerful, to give a measurement to how much is actually used is not possible, maybe a 1/16th of a tsp. or less)


Method:

Pre-Heat 10" skillet on medium heat, then add butter to skillet. Add meat to melted butter, and begin to saute. Add all seasonings and mix thoroughly. The meat is already cooked, so you are looking to only heat it up not re-cook it.  Place Tortillas in a tortilla warmer, and heat in Microwave for 30 seconds on high.   Using a Tablespoon, place 2 heaping spoons onto each tortilla. Cover meat with lettuce, then sprinkle cheese on top. Add a generous portion of your favorite salsa.
Makes 8 Tacos.

Tip:
If you are not using a smoked meat, during the saute process add a couple of DROPS of artificial smoke. Artificial smoke is very concentrated, so be careful not to use too much.
Sauteing is a quick way to cook food if you use high heat, and a very quick way to heat up already cooked food: continually stirring the food while maintaining the medium heat will have this portion of meat heated in about 3-4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment