Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Healthy alternatives to Traditional recipes

Right now with the swing towards eating more healthily, which I agree with, I have had some requests for   traditional favorites, but healthy versions.  This is a very difficult task.  Healthy for who? is the first question.  Many different requirements across the board for healthy eating: low fat, low sodium, low sugar, low potassium, low carb, high protein...take your pick.
The best thing I can try to do is combine as many of these needs into a single days menu, and let you work out the variety of options for the main protein and side dishes based on your needs and desires.
So with that in mind, I leave you with this thought: dieting is for the birds, and any Doctor who is really concerned about your health will tell you: crash diets don't work. The best way to lose weight and keep it off is with exercise and the right amounts of the right types of food at the right times of the day for your lifestyle.
So coming soon, I hope later today, I will have the first installment of a daily menu that focuses on healthy, portion conscious, ingredient conscious meals.
See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment